Tuesday, January 25, 2005

the moon rises in the east, and sets in the west

or does it? The moon's been really bright and round recently. Saw that last night while doing the interview recording. I'm a really lousy and unspontaneous interviewer. Perhaps because we didn't have a fixed topic. But nevermind. Our dear interviewee was great and very cooperative and helped us as and when needed.

On the road again. Fell asleep on my 211 readings after a long day at school. Woken up at five by my brother's alarm clock. He has alarm clocks at 5am, 5.40ambecause he needs about 40minutes of semi-consciousness every morning. Is his school halfway across the island? No, its just that he wakes up early to compensate for his extremely slow movement in the morning.

Thought I was going to have a peaceful drive to school. But no, somehow this car manages to cut right in front of me while I'm travelling in the middle lane and then, as if the shave wasn't close enough, starts braking right in my face on the gentle slope when theres practically no traffic ahead of us. We're all travelling at 70 on an empty expressway and yet such things happen. Why. On a downhill usually you can lighten the accelerator and let the car roll a little as long as the traffic ahead is far away. And this guy had nobody in front of him yet he braked.

I overtook him in a huffed manner quite unhappy. But for the rest of the journey he followed me really slowly, so I guess he must have been asleep, or very inexperienced. Could be one of those people who brake at every slightest curvature on the expressway like even the gentle ones. Not that I'm saying you can't do that but take the correct lane, don't suddenly cut into the faster lane to slow down. (Dr Kluver: Am I making sense?)

Listened to some dumb sentimental chinese songs on the way. Hai... sometimes you just get so tired... but maybe this is just one of those days. One of those days where I generally keep more quiet and behave in a docile manner. Carry on in Christ, not despair. Though I long to be gone of this world my time will come when I will be called.

The NTUC Income lawyer called me last night. Have to go down to their office again to sign something like the same over and over again. Basically, making sure that no party except me ever gets liable if things go wrong in court and someone has to pay. That's what you get for helping a motorcyclist.

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: -Ephesians 4:26

And by the way, anybody ever noticed that blue sign that occassionally appears on the expressway that says "Slower traffic and motorcycles keep left"

In the end, all things are beyond our control, especially these. Let it be, let it be.

Amen

1 comment:

a cheerful star said...

Quote: And by the way, anybody ever noticed that blue sign that occassionally appears on the expressway that says "Slower traffic and motorcycles keep left"

Response: lol. ;)