Sunday, April 03, 2005

God answers prayers.

Of late, I hath been troubled with certain issues, not knowing if I hath done that which was pleasing in the sight of God and sake solace and forgiveness. And the answer being from the quotation from St. Augustine I think - "In essentials, unity, in non-essentials, liberty, in all things, charity."

So back to the issue of the City Harvester and I disagreeing, and she swore never to have any form of contact ever with me again.

I have since apologised to her that I had not been doing it in the spirit of 'charity' (biblical meaning, not secular form).

Well. Humility. Forgive. But doesn't mean agreeing. This is not an endorsement on my part. Let me demonstrate one example of her understanding.

For example, she said she doesn't know if one of the Emperors of China, who has never ever heard the gospel before and died, may have salvation (eternal life). In other words, Emperor may not be in Hell. At first she said "if you have no knowledge of Christ, how can you reject Him?" Then after my reply she says oh, that Emperor must at least know God first...

This is coming from someone who of her own accord told me that she had read the Bible cover to cover twice in different translations.

And I didn't want to listen any further, for her statement changes everytime I counter it. I wonder, would I be guilty if I just left her at the mercy of her preachers? But for now, trust in God's Will till as such time God gives another opportunity by softening her heart.

So folks, ye were not dead in sin and condemned to Hell, until somebody told you about the gospel! And God! You must curse and hate me then and all the other Christians who evangelised to you and told you about the true living God and Christ! For we condemned you to Hell! You weren't going there at first! You must really hate us!!

What rubbish that is entirely contrary to basically the whole of the gospel. Yes, I used a strong word. Rubbish.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

"should not perish"... you were already going to perish. All of us! Not just physically, but eternally, in Hell.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. - John 3:17

That is why we like to say that, Jesus is our Saviour! Such that the undeserving condemned like us may have mercy and be saved. All the people of the world were already condemned.

But I thank God that He had answered my prayers this afternoon with my first real time of fellowshipping and exhortation within my church that I had today and my heart was comforted and encouraged.

May the Lord have mercy on all our souls.

Amen!

1 comment:

a cheerful star said...

1. go rd ur email.

2. i did not swore to never to speak to u again (another evidence of u jumping on my words.) i just dun wanna argue with u over spiritual matters anymore (shows how little u understand me as a person, i didn't even meant anything else except dat.)

3. rd my blog's entry: WWJD

cheers! Ü