Sunday, February 18, 2007

still vulnerable

its been quite a week.

I slept at 1am and awoke at 5... couldn't go back to sleep cause I had eaten too much... so I decided to go for a jog... think I covered about 3km plus... but I'm super sleepy now as a result...

on Friday I went all the way to school in the morning and almost skipped CS446. For one, I was preparing a very sloppish presentation on media outlets in Germany for the German professor...

but i felt super sian and had a severe bout of that 'I just wanna run home feeling' coming all over me...

must have been a combination of factors coming from all over the place.... the r/s thing, running around feeling miserable, being behind in my readings... fyp...

but thank God rach psychoed me enough to stay on and encouraged me a lot....

I was actually packing up to go off as I had called my mom and complained I didn't feel like going for lesson and she was like "then come join me for lunch!" - my mom rocks :)

but i managed to stay also because rach helped me quite a bit and gave me some wiki bits to add to my presentation. Thanks so much!

After class it was a church guys' night out and the 4 of us ate and ate and ate. Chicken rice with dishes at Upper Bukit Timah road hawker area opposite Beautyworld, Island Creamery at Serene Centre, then some dimsum along Upper Thomson Road on the way to Nee Soon camp. We had heart to heart sharing, chatting, advice and encouragement all round, and all concluded in unison -

The Christian life may be full of struggle as we grapple with issues of how to live in a God-pleasing manner in all aspects of our life... be it work, school, family, relationships... but then, struggle is a sign we're alive

dead things don't struggle

In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. - John 16:33

No comments: