Monday, October 03, 2005

Mercy

My soul teetering on the brink of damnation.

Don’t I always start from zero.

When you’ve lost your way return to the source.

Any object, any stimulant. Don’t dwell on it.

Don’t think it your right either, those wretched theories that distract you from God.

What of direction, aim, purpose. Ignoring the exhortation of brothers.

Are you near yet so far dear Father? Separated by this gulf.

Time is but an illusion to trap the sinful, but it sure is a long time down here.

I abhor myself.

I beg, take away those vile things whose use I desire to contort.

For I am filthy, an abomination. I wax iniquity.

Have continued mercy I pray – your faith is greater than mine own.

I cannot deny your glory.

And if the darkness is to keep us apart
And if the daylight feels like it’s a long way off
And if your glass heart should crack
And for a second you turn back.
Oh no, be strong.

U2 – Walk On.

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.   – Rom 7:24-25

No comments: